What is the Superior Taste Award?
It is an annual award which recognizes foods and beverages of excellent taste and quality. This prize is awarded by the International Taste & Quality Institute (iTQi), located in Brussels. The award is used as a reference point for quality directors as is often considered the “Michelin Guide” for food products. Hundreds of companies, both small to large from more than 100 countries take part in the Superior Taste Awards each year,
Food and beverages are evaluated by 120 world-renowned European chefs and sommeliers, all of whom have extensive experience in wine and food tastings.
The International Taste & Quality Institute (iTQi) works with the “Association de la Sommellerie Internationale (ASI)” and chefs from the following European organisations:
- Académie Culinaire de France
- Academy of Culinary Arts (UK)
- Årets Kock of Sweden
- Associação de Cozinheiros Profissionais de Portugal
- Federación de Asociaciones de Cocineros de España
- Federazione Italiana Cuochi
- Hellenic Chef’s Association
- Jeunes Restaurateurs d’Europe
- Maîtres Cuisiniers de France
- Meesterkoks van België
- Verband der Köche Deutschlands
- The World Master Chefs Society
The products are analysed individually at blind tastings on the basis of their own characteristics, above all, on the intensity of their taste. Each organoleptic parameter (impression, appearance, aroma, texture, taste and smell) is evaluated and commented on by the members of the jury. All the judges evaluate each product based on a sensory / organoleptic analysis.
More information in www.frutasmontosa.com